Advent, Day 12--The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.”
After Mary consents to becoming the mother of God she goes to be be of service to her cousin Elizabeth who she has just found out is pregnant with John the Baptist. Elizabeth says to her::
“Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord
would be fulfilled.” (Lk 1:42-45)
Mary then responds with her Magnificat and the first line is at the top of this page from Luke 1:46-47. I love Mary's response because her adoration is so pure and joyful. I love the look on the face of the woman in the picture because it looks like she is adoring God and is so happy and ready to celebrate!
As I write this there are at least 15 people setting up our Parish Hall for a fiesta this evening after the Mass for Our Lady of Guadalupe. So many people have such a strong devotion to Our Lady and they are so happy to celebrate her!
Pope Francis said today:
“I ask all the people of the Americas to open wide their arms, like the Virgin, with love and tenderness,” encouraged the pontiff, adding that “I pray for all of you, dear brothers and sisters, and I ask you to pray for me!”
“May the joy of the Gospel always abide in your hearts. May the Lord bless you, and may Our Lady be ever at your side.”

No comments:
Post a Comment