Friday, December 6, 2013

Thoughts on Advent, Day 6

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? Psalm 23


        With the light of every new day we have hope for the future.  Jesus Christ is the light which guides me; he gives me hope and a future.  I receive my salvation from Jesus Christ through his life, death and resurrection! Jesus loved those who society cast out, he ate with sinners and healed the sick.  He died rather than give up what he thought was important and was risen to life to be with us forever. God loves us immeasurably every day, every hour, every minute.    

        But, what am I afraid of?  The first thing that came to mind was that I am afraid that something will hurt one of my four children.  Will they have a car accident?  Will they be hurt in a relationship?  But, deep down, in that place that I don't often go, I am most afraid that in my human brokenness I will hurt them with criticism, judgement, impatience, or unreasonable expectations.  

        Dear Lord, in this Advent season, help me to love like you do with your perfect love, without criticism or judgement.  Help me to love my children as you love me as your daughter, you who created me in your image. "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good" (Gen. 1:31).  

       


No comments:

Post a Comment